Club Philosophy
This philosophy is from our new club's web site. Beautiful, I could not agree more. It is really nice to be involved with a club run by soccer people. I also attended the U12 match today and at the end I asked the club's head a coach a question about gk positioning (how does a gk know his position in relation to the goal). I was given a passionate 10 minute explanation, and technically, information I had never heard before.
Philosophy:
"...Soccer is our passion. To us it is more than simply a game it is a means through which the lifelong benefits of hard work, responsibility, and mutual respect can be instilled in those who play.
We take a balanced approach to training that develops both individual and team skills through a process that emphasizes fun, fair play, respect and enjoyment of the game - providing an environment where each player has the maximum opportunity to flourish. Our aim is to not only develop highly skilled soccer players, but quality individuals.
Our tiered youth development philosophy is designed to impart the appropriate mental, physical and technical skills to players as they progress the various age levels with us.
We place an emphasis on skills not physical size with the aim of producing players with excellent touch, vision and passing, who excel at maintaining possession and playing as a team.
Designed to inspire young players to learn and develop a passion for the game of soccer our developmental program emphasizes an "all-ball" approach that uses a range of training activities and techniques to maximize a player's touches on the ball and to foster confidence, creativity and composure during play and in doing so developing the skills that will help them transition into more competitive levels of play".
0 Response to "Club Philosophy"
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.